en

Billy Andrade (6) and Bart Bryant (6) als | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
corse178
corse178 Oct 10
CONCORD, N. Omer Asik Pelicans Jersey .C. -- Kevin Harvick has already proven hes a factor at Charlotte Motor Speedway, especially during night races. With the top starting spot Saturday night, hell be tough to beat in the opening race of the second round of NASCARs playoffs.Harvick turned a lap at 196.029 mph in a Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet to earn the top starting spot in Thursday night qualifying. He edged Alex Bowman, the replacement driver for Dale Earnhardt Jr., who is not racing for the championship.Chase Elliott qualified third and was followed by Kyle Busch, the highest-qualifying Toyota driver, Tony Stewart and AJ Allmendinger.Martin Truex Jr., winner of two of the first three Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup races, qualified seventh.He was followed by Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, the top qualifying Ford driver, and Jimmie Johnson.?Chase drivers took eight of the top 11 spots in Thursday night qualifying.Kasey Kahne qualified 12th, as all four Hendrick Motorsports drivers made the final round of qualifying.But it was Harvick, with his fast lap, who stole the spotlight.Harvick, the 2014 champion, has been looking forward to racing at Charlotte and earning a potential automatic berth into the third round of the Chase. Harvick has three career points victories at Charlotte, including the October race during his championship season. That victory pushed Harvick into the round of eight of the Chase.He has also had success racing at night, and Charlotte Motor Speedway President Marcus Smith dubbed Harvick Nighthawk because he has not finished outside the top 10 at night in the past seven races. He has been outside the top five only twice in that span.Harvick has also won six times in night races on the NASCAR schedule since 2012.DIDNT MOVE ON: Starting position isnt all that critical in a 500-mile race, but the drivers competing for the championship dont want the competition to get too big of a jump on them.Four of the drivers in the field failed to make it out of the second round of qualifying. Matt Kenseth will start 17th, Austin Dillon will start 19th, Brad Keselowski 20th and Kurt Busch 23rd.We just lacked a little bit of speed in qualifying trim, Keselowski said. You want to qualify and race good, and I think weve got a great Ford Fusion to do that.Dillon was similarly optimistic.We had a good car in practice; were going to be fine, he said.BOWMAN COMES CLOSE: Bowman set the standard for qualifying and appeared to have the car to win the pole for Saturday nights race.The replacement driver for Dale Earnhardt Jr. was fast in practice and topped the speed chart in the second round of qualifying. Then he went out first to set the tone for the final round, only to be knocked off the pole by Harvick.Harvick bumped Bowman by .029 seconds.We didnt put the greatest lap together in the last round, Bowman said.Its the best starting spot of Bowmans career and comes in his fifth race as Earnhardts replacement. Hes hopeful it leads to more work, either with Hendrick Motorsports or elsewhere.I dont know what the future holds, Bowman said. There arent very many rides open for next year, so these rides might be the last of my Cup career.LARSON MISCUE: Kyle Larson thought hed posted a fast enough lap to advance into the second round of qualifying.Then Matt DiBenedetto posted a late fast lap that knocked Larson out of the top 24.DiBenedetto scrambled to get back on track and run another qualifying lap, but Larson didnt beat the clock. Hell start 25th in Saturday nights race.We were just kind of waiting, and we ended up waiting too long, Larson said. Its a bummer we didnt get to go out there and make another lap.Larson was eliminated from the Chase last week at Dover. Jarrett Jack Jersey . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. Kendrick Perkins Pelicans Jersey . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. http://www.pelicansbasketballpro.com/ . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Jay Haas shot an 8-under 63 on Saturday to take a five-stroke lead in the Toshiba Classic, putting him position to become the second-oldest winner in PGA Tour Champions history.At 62 years, 10 months, 7 days Sunday, Haas would fall short of only Mike Fetchick, the 1985 Hilton Head Seniors Invitational winner at 63 years to the day. Gary Player is No. 2 on the list at 62 years, 9 months, 22 days in the 1998 Northville Long Island Classic.I dont know whats gotten into me other than -- and Ive always said the ball doesnt know how old you are or what your name is or anything like that -- if you hit a good shot, it goes right down the middle and on the green and in the hole, Haas said. So, Im not trying to think about being old or anything like that. I feel good, I feel positive with my swing. Im not doing it with smoke and mirrors.He missed a chance to shoot his age when his eagle try to 18 stopped short.I knew that, yeah, Haas said. It was great to even have an opportunity to do that. Obviously, when I was over the putt, I did not think that.The 2007 winner at Newport Beach Country Club, Haas has played 36 holes without a bogey. He shot a 64 on Friday for a share of the first-round lead with Billy Mayfair.I was feeling solid on the greens and so I was somewhat aggressive and had some nice chances to even get lower, but obviously I made some nice putts, too, Haas said. Maybe probably 18 feet at No. 4 and then probably 25 feet at No. 5. Those two were not stealing, but you dont expect to make those a lot of times.Haas won the last of his 17 senior tittles in 2014. Jarrett Jack Pelicans Jersey. . He won nine times on the PGA Tour and captained the United States winning Presidents Cup team last year in South Korea. He birdied three of the final four holes, starting the run on the par-5 15th and adding two more on the par-3 17th and par-5 18th to reach 15-under 127.Fred Funk, at age 60, was second after a 65. He eagled the 15th and birdied 18.I fully expect any of these guys from behind to shoot 62 or 3 and Im going to have to keep playing hard as I can, Haas said. Hopefully, Ill have a chance coming down the last few holes.John Daly shot a 66 to top the group at 9 under. After birdieing the final five holes Friday in a 67, Daly opened birdie-birdie-eagle. He bogeyed the par-3 eighth and birdied the two late par 5s, playing through a left shoulder injury.Basically, one-handed the last six holes, Daly said. Hopefully, get some ice on it and get the swelling down.Daly is making his 14th senior start since turning 50 in April. The two-time major champion has three top-20 finishes on the tour, the best a tie for 11th in July in the Dicks Sporting Goods Open.Grant Waite (65), Ian Woosnam (66), Doug Garwood (66), Billy Andrade (6) and Bart Bryant (6) also were 9 under.Im going to have to shoot 64 to have a chance, Woosnam said.Defending champion Duffy Waldorf was tied for 14th at 7 under after a 68. Mayfair, making his sixth start on the tour after turning 50 in August, had a 76 to drop into a tie for 45th at 2 under. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '