en

World Juniors 2018 live stream free | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
missUniverseonline

Joseph Woll is well aware of what is at stake going forward at the World Junior Hockey Championship.

Not only are the Americans trying to win back-to-back gold medals for the first time in the history of the tournament, but strong performances by Woll between the pipes could mean another invitation from USA Hockey.

On Monday the Americans announced 23 of 25 roster spots for the upcoming Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang next month.  Among the players named was just one goaltender, Ryan Zapolski.

As many as five goaltenders are believed to be in the mix to join Team USA at the Olympics including Woll and his World Junior teammate Jake Oettinger.

“That’s something that’s kind of in the back of your head and obviously when you get a chance to represent your country, at the Olympics, it’s one of the greatest honours you can have in any sport,” Woll said on Wednesday. “That’s something I’m trying not to focus on too much. I’m focusing on the World Juniors right now and I want to get a gold medal here. We’ll leave that for the next couple months.”

The St. Louis, Mo. native is no stranger to wearing his country’s colours. The 19-year-old appeared in two games at last year’s Under-20 tournament posting a1.50 goals against average and .934 save percentage in a pair of wins.

He also helped the Americans win bronze at the 2016 Under-18 Men’s World Championship in Grand Forks, ND.

World Juniors

World Juniors 2018

World Junior

World Junior 2018

WJC 2018

canada vs usa world juniors

usa world juniors 

canada world juniors

canada usa world juniors

usa canada world juniors

World U20 Championship

IIHF World Junior